Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yummy!

Never in a million years did I ever think I would title a blog "Yummy" when I am talking about Tofu!!!

Oh, oh! Norm just saw that line. Now he knows we are having tofu. I hope he will eat it anyway.

There is something about tofu that I find quite repulsive. I have never cooked it. I have avoided it at the chinese food buffets and now, I have cooked it in my own home.

I bought it after my surgery thinking that it would be a good break from meat, meat and more meat. I bought the extra firm because the softer stuff turns my stomach. Tonight I was thinking about making a stir fry with shrimp but then saw the tofu. Oh why not, I thought. I cut it up and got all my asian sauces out. I had some sesame oil, hoisin sauce and a bit of soy sauce. I fried them up and they tasted not bad. Then I added some peanut satay sauce. The tofu soaked it all up. It tastes really good! Also, it looks great because the tofu "browned" and maybe even carmelized a bit!

Yummy! Really!

Sorry, I thought about taking pics but then I would have to download them and that seems like too much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment