Wednesday, January 13, 2010

yippee!

Today is my 8 week birthday. I am down 57 pounds. That's not bad.

I have had a couple of Non-Scale Victories (NSV) in the last few days.

My mom gave me a size 22 pair of jeans that I had given her. I tried them on. And I could wear them! Now let me tell you that after 3 children, my body is not the same! Even if I am at the same weight, my body has put things in different places. I tend to store a lot of fat in my belly and since having kids, it seems to collect there even more. It was funny, because I could do up the button without any struggle, but to complete the zipper job, I had to lay down. I would have worn them out, but they are Capri's! And we all know that you can't wear Capri's in the winter. DUH!

The 2nd neat thing I have noticed is when I get in the van. I pile everyone in first, do up seat belts and then finally get in myself. As I get in, I look at the seat and think, "Oh, I don't think I will fit there. It looks too close to the steering wheel." I go anyway and then I fit! Yay! My belly doesn't even touch the steering wheel. It will be odd as I go forward and have increasing more room. This also relates to one of the reasons for me having surgery. Increasingly I wasn't fitting into standard situations - booths, clothes of the rack, vehicles, amusement park rides and my husband's very old truck. It was built for a man who has long legs and can reach the pedals without a problem. I have short, itty-bitty legs. I couldn't drive his truck because I couldn't get the seat close enough without my belly crashing into the wheel. Now, not that I really want to drive his truck, but it is nice to have the flexibility once in a while! I haven't tested it, but I figure I have another 30 or 40 pounds to go before I could really fit.

So, I have started my meds. I think it's a good idea for right now. I have spent the last few days very unmotivated and my house is paying for it.

so, what else?

I think Norm and I will start working out together in the mornings while Alex is at school. That should be good.

When will I remember to chew my food? I still forget and remember when it's already down the pipe and then promptly forget as I do the same thing with the next bite. CRAZY!

1 comment:

  1. Hey great results - must be very encouraging to see the weight coming off. And I love the NSV's - the pants and especially fitting into the car - that was a huge NSV for me so I can really relate.

    I think you are doing great - love the new profile picture too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete