Monday, January 11, 2010

flip flop

So I filled the prescription for my depression meds. They are currently sitting on my counter where they have been for the past number of days. I just am not sure I want to start taking them. I'm back to where we started.

I feel better. The fog has started to lift. My motivation seems okay. I have started my cross stitching again. Currently, the only symptom is I still have a hard time getting up in the morning. That and I spend a huge amount of time in front of the computer.

Once I start, I think it will be hard to stop. That means a long time on meds. I really hate that idea. But, as I told someone else, "You know what you need to do." I should follow my own advice.

Here goes!

3 comments:

  1. If you know that you should take them...I think it's okay to take them; however, if you know that it is addictive and not helpful, then don't. Only you know what your body needs. Either way..I think that you are stronger than this dang depression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi, it doesn't have to be long-term. And I think it will probably help with the parenting as well. For me, when I was on Celexa, it just took that edge off so I was better able to cope. I took it for 6 months and then weaned off and it has been better since. It helped me through a tough time and I would do it again if I needed it. And with what's coming up, I just may.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I did start today. I feel better about finally doing something.

    ReplyDelete