Monday, January 17, 2011

Ramblings continued

Probably since the fall I haven't been as connected spiritually. My attention has been directed towards money issues since May and eating issues since about September. My Bible reading, prayer and studying has taken a back seat. Lately I have been trying to read more. So when I think of reading my Bible, I try to do it right then rather than wait until later which we all know later, like tomorrow, never comes.

So, after last night's post, I was both tired and more at peace about what had come out. I think the bully metaphor is very apt. And what I was able to write has helped me to be more even and peaceful. I was able and willing to make better choices for myself. (Tonight the family had frozen pizza. Normally I would just eat that. But tonight I found myself making salmon melts without the bread for myself. I had a piece of pizza and two tomato round melts.) Until the family is on my plan, I think I will have to make a bigger effort to eat what is healthy for me. Even if that means making a separate meal for myself. (Sometimes it's just too much of a fight to make them eat what I am eating.)

Back to last night... When I went to bed, I read my Bible for a bit. I was asking God to provide me a verse to memorize that would be meaningful for where I am. (I joined this "club" where over 8000 women all over North America are memorizing 2 verses of scripture each month. I ordered and finally received my "Siesta Scripture Memory Team" spiral notebooks. They are to have a place to write the Bible verses to memorize.) I have been reading Isaiah since that was the study I had joined but subsequently quit. Last night it was Isaiah 12. Do you know what the first verse of chapter 12 was? You don't, huh. Oh well. I was going to write it anyway.

"You will say in that day: 'I will give thanks to you, O LORD, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me.'"

I mean come on. Could that have been any better?!?! The back story is that the Israelites keep doing what God tells them not to do. But God keeps rescuing them anyway. Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

That doesn't mean that this will get any easier. Today Bully came by again. Except that she was very nice and I forgot that she hurts me. I find it hard to remember these things the next day - speaking of memorizing. I have often threatened to make a poster of my goal and now just even the word "bully" would probably do wonders. I guess it would be just like my little handheld spiral but big and on my wall and not spiral.

that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment